Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Pants vs. Shorts, Heat vs. Mosquitoes

You may know that we are in the middle of summer here. What you may not know is that I'm not wearing shorts. The reasons stem partly from abundant air conditioning, but mostly from the hassle of wearing shorts (wow, I never thought I would ever call shorts a "hassle").

I am required to wear pants for both church and English classes. Pants are more respectable than shorts, and so they are required for church and especially in a teaching position such as English class. So that takes care of 3 days of pants (yes I could wear shorts the rest of the time but I'm lazy and I don't feel like changing in the middle of the day). But the main reason I wear pants is because of mosquitoes. For the first while I wore shorts and my legs were getting eaten. Pants solved that problem. Plus, I've adapted to the weather and I don't find it unbearable to wear pants all the time.

So there you go: Pants or Mosquitoes? I choose pants.

1 comment:

Zenith27 said...

Don't they have some sort of DEEP WOODS or something? Of course you'd smell like a refinery but what the hey!