Monday, April 17, 2006

Mixed Feelings

As I write this, it is now less than a month before I return to Canada. As I've lived here and the novelty has started to wear off, it is easy to forget how lucky I am to be here. It is just as easy to forget all the logistics of getting here and staying here. And it is sad to think that I may not return to Thailand for this length of time ever again. Yes I still have a month to go, but I can already feel my departure date coming up really fast, as the days fly by on the calendar.

Yes, I miss Canada, my friends, my family, (my car); and I will be glad to see them again. But I know that it will be probably no more than a month before everything is familiar again, and I will look back on the first 4 months of 2006 and realize how lucky I was to spend it in Thailand.

1 comment:

Ange "the cat" Mandel said...

Weird! You're coming back home - eh? Well, Sawadeekaa!