Friday, April 07, 2006

The Neighbours


It's 5:55am and I can't sleep. I woke up at about 5:30 and now that I'm awake it is going to be hard to get to get sleep. The time between 3:00am and 8:00am is best spent sleeping because that's when the noise starts.

The most annoying neighbour isn't a person, it's a rooster. He starts up at about 3:00am and doesn't stop until well into the day. He's like every 10 seconds. I would not be opposed to a couple of gunshots in his direction. At 6:00am (about now) the birds start up, and I don't mind that so much because it is mainly background noise. But it was sure a lot quieter before.

I am in a townhouse, with neighbours on both sides. I have come to realize just how thin the walls are. You can buy some incredibly thin cheap cinder blocks. One good hit with a hammer and they crumble. But they use them anyway. When they're finished a wall they cover it with stucco and that's it. But it still would take only a couple of good hits with a hammer to make a hole big enough to tell my neighbours to shut up.

For the most part, the neighbours have been fine. But this morning someone has been dropping a ping pong ball onto the floor and letting it bounce. THAT is annoying at 5:30 in the morning! Tim & Robyn of the TREK team are two doors down. Tim says he can hear the guy fart next door. We share the same neighbour and I haven't heart anything but I believe him. Oh and then there was the other day when the lady next door was just yelling at the top of her lungs (fortunately this was around 9:00am). She was obviously mad at someone or something, only I didn't hear anyone respond (but that was way too loud to be talking on a cell phone).

All this to say I'm getting more and more awake and I would really like to be sleeping right now. #$@%^$%$#%$!!

1 comment:

Zenith27 said...

I know your pain. In my old place the people upstairs used to roll a bowling ball around at 6:00AM.