Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Change of Plans

As I mentioned in my prayer letter, I wasn't able to help out in Chiang Mai the way I had hoped. The English/Thai/Computer training center had not been set up when I got there. Russell Schmidt was able to rent a place in the beginning of February but it still needed renovations. The end result is that it was decided that I would be better off in Chonburi. There is more to do there. So on Feb 17 I flew to Bankok, and then made my way to Chonburi. There is lots going on in Chonburi (more specifically The Life Center in Bang Saen). So I will be working with Team 2000 and the TREK team that is here.This is a sign on the back of a Tuk Tuk in Chiang Mai. I would have ridden with him if I only had somewhere to go. (Farang means "foreigner" in Thai).

1 comment:

Hillary said...

HA!

"No Farang No Job I Die"

And I like how the "50% only for you is ON THE SIGN! hehehe!