Thursday, January 19, 2006

Shopping Carts

The other day I found out the answer to a question I wondered about but never bothered to ask. So you know how shopping carts have a set of spinny wheels on the front and fixed wheels on the back? Have you ever thought "Why don't they put spinny wheels on the back too? Wouldn't it be easier to steer?" Ok, well I have thought that. And now I know why they don't...

Over here they don't have Costco, they have Makro. It's neat because it's almost the same (except you can't buy hot dogs there). Well their shopping carts have spinny wheels on the front and on the back. And it's true that it makes it eaiser to manuvre at the back, but it also gives the cart a mind of its own. They are the most trying shopping carts you have ever seen. They refuse to drive straight, you have to fight with them to keep them from bumping into things, and ideally you need someone steering at the front if you want to turn a corner. I have never been wishing for fixed wheels so much as when I went there. Its one of those things we take for granted, and now that I've been there, I'm thankful for what I didn't realize we had.

No comments: