Thursday, January 19, 2006

Great Green Coconut Balls of Goo!

The night market is filled with what-are-thoses. I was traversing the night market in search of my next meal when my Thai friend Bunn pointed out these coconut covered green balls of goo. He said they were really good, and the lady at the booth offered me one. The coconut shavings were good, the green goo had the consistancy and look of a very large booger, but its saving grace was the inside, which was a sweet cookie-ish flavour. The green didn't really taste like anything, but once you hit the center, the whole thing tasted like a chewey coconut cookie (well not really, but there is no Canadian equivalent that I know of). Pretty good, 10 balls for 10 Baht. As I write this I have 3 left, here beside me. I know the center makes them taste good, but it's really hard to get past the look and consistancy....maybe tomorrow.

No comments: