Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Why I haven't Blogged

Well it has been a time times half a time* since I last blogged. It's not as if my life has been so dull that there has been nothing to blog. Quite the opposite, which is actually one of the reasons why I haven't. As Stephen Colbert once said "Being me is a full time job, and I haven't missed a day."

I have blogged very little since I got home from Thailand, mainly because I talk to a lot of people in person. So those who really need or want to know what's happening, already know. Not to mention that it is a burden to know in the back of your mind that everytime you do something fun, you need to write about it (with pictures). Blogging can start to feel like homework.

I'll admit that facebook (a.k.a. "crackbook") has taken up some of my precious blogging time. And when there is the choice of sitting on the couch watching Simpsons, or blogging, well...Simpsons takes less effort, and therefore wins. TV is indeed a blessing and a curse. Not to mention that most of my adventures were with Reg, who is a very faithful blogger. No point in double blogging. (for more of my adventures see regisonamission.blogspot.com)

Another reason I slowed down on blogging is that it is no longer the latest craze, and in my opinion, it is slowing down (there are several blogs that I have read who's last entry was in 2006). Now people just use facebook.

BUT now more than ever, I have a lot of my friends are not within arm's reach. I don't see them on Sunday anymore, and timezones make phoning an exercise in coordination. My friends are peppered across Canada, and now the world. So suddenly blogging is actually an easier way to keep them up to date.

So I'm back in the blog world. And for the sake of chronologically documenting my life (for those that care), I will be retroblogging (writing about some past events).

*A biblical phrase, found in Daniel 7:25, Revelation 12:14 (NIV)

No comments: