Thursday, August 16, 2007

Sandcut Creek

Despite Bronwyn's obvious pregnancy, Peter, Bronwyn and I went camping. We were trying to get into the interior of the southern island backcountry, but the logging companies have completely gated off the area (BOOOO!!!) citing it is too much of a liability to have people in there. (I say it's crown land and you can't sue for hurting yourself on crown land.) So our only alternative was to camp at the beach, which isn't a bad alternative.

Sandcut creek is named for the creek that has carved it's way through relatively flat sandstone. There is a waterfall onto the beach (which I forgot to photograph) and then it flows into the ocean. A great getaway for a quick camping trip.

1 comment:

J&C said...

Jonathan,

Welcome back to the world of bloggin'! I was almost about to delete you off my favourites cause you never blogged. Even though I am your sis, it is nice to read up about you and look at your pics. Nice post about Murch - thanks for doing your part lately! We all appreciate it. Talk soon!