Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Kenyon Lake

I took a trip to Kenyon Lake on the August long weekend. This lake has an island on it, and it has a couple of campsites. Unfortunately a family was using it for the entire weekend and pretty much took over the entire island (grrrr). I was left with one small corner. But a private corner with a view, so I was happy. The one thing I've noticed about Kenyon lake at night is that it is QUIET. Dead quiet. The lake is in the bottom of a valley, so there is plenty of room for noise. But at night I'm sure I could have heard a pin drop from across the lake. There was not a whisper of wind, not a cricket, bird, frog or bear. So quiet it makes your ears ring. Yes I'm going on and on, but it's just amazing to think that a place that large can be that void of noise.

In the morning I went boating around the lake. Good times had by me.

No comments: