Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Layover

You would think that with the thousands of bookings that an airline handles each day, they should be pretty good at what they do, and you would think that they wouldn't just change the time of a flight and not tell the person flying until he comes to the counter on the day of the flight. Well that's what happened to me. My 4 hour layover instantly became a 10 hour layover with no advanced warning. I was not amused. Bad China Airlines! No fortune cookie for you!

On a positive note, I have become well acquainted with the Taipei Airport. If you ever have a layover there, be sure to go to Gate C7 for some free wired and wireless internet. They also have a subway and starbucks upstairs (in the VIP lounge area).

Here are some signs I found around the airport:
Dude! This restaurant serves gruel! And dishes. Mmmm, dishes.
He dances, he pukes and he wants to be your friend. It's Puki!! (Well maybe not, my Taiwanese isn't that good).
Is that what they call a recursive sentence?
I found it on the wall in the bathroom. It is informing me that I should not bring fruit into Taiwan. That's fine except it's a little late since I'm already in Taiwan. The funniest thing is this was in the bathroom on the departures level. Everyone who sees this sign is leaving Taiwan. Silly.

No comments: