Thursday, May 11, 2006

Day Trip


Ya, some friends and I took a day off and traveled to a nearby island. We rented a giant 6-passenger tuk-tuk for the day (driver included) and toured the whole island. The island is pretty big and it has one or two small towns. It also has at least one BEAUTIFUL beach. The scenery was picture perfect, and it was as nice in person as it looked. The sand was clean and soft, right into the water. The water was clear and WARM. It was great.

Afterwards we toured around a bit and visited a site that was a vacation spot for one of Thailand's ancient kings. They keep it up, and it is a beautiful park.

All in all, it was a great day. And I worked it out, it only cost me about $12 Canadian for all food and transportation. Best 12 bucks I ever spent!

Lots of pictures on my website.

No comments: