Thursday, November 08, 2007

Canned

Well, after 10 months of faithful service, my employer decided to trim the fat off an already lean staff, and eliminate some positions. Mine was one of them. This termination had nothing to do with my performance, as I was relieved to find out. It was the weak US dollar that is mostly to blame since most of the products are sold to the states (and paid for in US dollars--all of a sudden it was very unprofitable to accept payment in US currency). Perhaps my jumping up and down yelling "in your face America" (as per the previous post) was a little premature.

Nobody likes getting canned, and I had just bought a condo in Abbotsford a mere 5 months prior. But I've totally felt at peace, and have been confident that God had something else planned for me.

No comments: