Sunday, September 10, 2006

NYC Part 1 - Driving

My first experience in New York City was navigating the highways to the JFK Airport (which is where we had decided to store our car). That was quite an experience, not for the faint of heart. Stopped in Bronxville (almost in the Bronx!) and got directions from some guy who was hanging around the gas station. He gives me 3 different sets of directions to get to Kennedy Airport. Well there's like 5 different highways you can take. Very confusing, so I went with the last set of directions which was the simplest. New Yorkers seem to be nice enough to give you directions, but whether they make sense is another story.
I've always heard about "The Projects" where the really poor people live. They are sort of a landmark of The Bronx, and I got to see them (I skipped visiting them).

No comments: