Saturday, February 02, 2008

Missions Fest

I went to Missions Fest again this year. Thanks Bill and Louise for a place to stay! Chris, Tobias, Vu, Benz, it was a blast!

I like to see what's happening in the world of missions, and to be challenged in my faith. Truth be known, that is not the only reason I go. Part of it is to run into people that I haven't seen in a while, and in some cases, a LONG time.

Sometimes I go past the booths and wish that I was a missionary type person. I wish that I had a desire to tell everyone I met about Jesus. But I "test drove" the missionary life (see Jan-May 2006 blog entries) and I know that I am not cut from the same cloth as those that I met in the mission field. So my calling is a little less exciting. It is to be a "light" in Canada. But I will always support those who are in full time ministry. Those who have committed their life to going into the world to tell those who have never heard about the life that can only be found in Jesus Christ. (And if you are one of those people and would like to know more about my faith in Jesus Christ, please send me an email.)

4 comments:

Reg (LEK) said...

can't sleep so I thought I would check your blog, ahh missions Fest, sure enjoy those and really believe they are a good way to get people into the field and to alert others of the need. Miss ya man

Hillary said...

Hi! I've gotten your blog comments and I saw that you (I think it was you?) messaged me on Facebook. I'm not using FB right now, but feel free to email me via the link on my blog! :)

Teresa said...

Being cut from a different cloth is exactly what Jesus wants for you---God has huge plans for you just the way you are (which I happen to think is funny, witty, and a great friend) so don't ever think that you are "less" of a person to share the gospel than the person standing on the stage shouting it out! God may just have meetings for you of a different sort...I think you're great! So does Daryl; we will definitely have to come and visit in Victoria! We miss you! Your car misses you too--she told me! lol Take care!

Bill & Louise said...

Yeh, it was a lot of fun. I enjoyed hanging out with all of you guys! Going to seminars, playing settlers til 3:30 a.m. It was great!
On another note, can't believe I haven't snowboarded this year at all! Let me know if you want to go one of these times you're out this way. Maybe we can even talk Bill into it!?